Excellence in Risk Management XIII
The 13th annual Excellence in Risk Management report from Marsh and RIMS finds that while risk professionals are increasingly relied upon to provide a view of the threats and issues “around the corner,” there are challenges to identifying and to understanding the impact of emerging risks on business strategy. At the same time, nearly half of survey respondents — 48% — said that forecasting critical business risks will be more difficult three years from now.
Organizations that struggle to focus on emerging risks may experience financial difficulty; those with foresight may find opportunity.
In the 2016 Excellence report, we take a look at the array of issues around identifying, assessing, and managing emerging risks, including:
- How organizations identify the risks that lay ahead.
- The next critical risks for organizations.
- The tools risk professionals use, including data and analytics.
- The barriers to understanding emerging risks.
- Where companies are investing their resources.
The Excellence survey, “Emerging Risks: Anticipating Threats and Opportunities Around the Corner,” is based on more than 700 responses to an online survey and a series of focus groups with leading risk executives in January and February 2016.